Sunday, 12 September 2010

Learning to Lean

Throughout all the difficulties I've been facing throughout he past month (in particular) I'd like to take time out to express just how grateful I am to God for getting me this far and not leaving me to deal with it all myself. I feel he's teaching me a lot at this time and taking away everything I rely on so I can rely on him more.

I thought that once I moved back to Northern Ireland life would get easier but now it doesn't look like that will happen for a while and I'm sure that I'll stray from thinking about/thanking and leaning on God from time to time as that's part of human nature (just look at Israel during most of the old testament).

[The title of this post is a reference to a song by by John Stallings I learnt before going to England which speaks about learning to turn to Jesus with everything, regardless of circumstances -it seemed appropriate.]