Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Divine Thought

Now, I know this will sound odd but… the other day, as I was half talking to myself- half praying, I realized something:

God doesn’t think.

Why would he need to? He knows everything already!
We humans put a lot of emphasis on thought. Thinking is good and to be encouraged. Often linked to intelligence – the more you think, the smarter you are - and yet here, in relation to God, the opposite is true.
He is of such infinite intelligence that thought is simply not required.
It just struck me as kinda cool so I wanted to share :)


EDIT: After reading over this again I just realised how hilarious this is. My revelation completely refutes the “I think therefore IAM” theory. (If you don’t understand the joke, go ask a philosophy student who is also a Christian)