Monday, 19 March 2012

Still Journeying

I don’t have enough faith for testing”, I said. “I’m becoming more disciplined”, I said.

Well, always being first to point out my own faults & failings, let me now say this: My faith has been tested the past few months and I failed because I wasn’t quite disciplined enough.

Actually, that’s only half of the reason I failed…

I discovered that, in the same way that faith without works is dead, discipline without respect will inevitably fail. The two are inextricably linked.

Where does this leave me now? I need to find some true self respect (true in the sense that I can feel it in my bones – that it goes beyond mere head knowledge).
This is just another difficult (and slightly terrifying) part of my journey with God and, once more, I ask you to wish me luck (if luck isn’t your thing, feel free to pray instead!)