Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Constantly and Consistently Choosing God

Way back at the start of the year my church looked briefly at how New Year’s Resolutions can be mirrored in our spiritual walks. I felt challenged to become resolute and renew my covenant/commitment with God. I said to myself that I would rise to the challenge and I failed to do so quite spectacularly but God didn’t give up on me. I’m so thankful for how many chances he gives each of us and each time I rediscover how amazing that is I once more feel like I’ve recaptured the energy, excitement and genuine enthusiasm of a being a “new” Christian.

I’m not ashamed to admit that each time I hear an alter call, I say in heart ‘yes, I do want to be a Christian’ because for me, being a Christian isn’t a one off experience it is a constant process that requires regular choices. Sometimes I mess up and make the wrong choice but today, I am choosing once more to follow God and I pray that I make that same choice tomorrow, and the day after that and the day after that (etc).