Thursday, 19 July 2012

My Mission Statement

Ages ago (1 year, 6 months and 6 days to be exact!) I wrote a blog post expressing a desire to write a personal mission statement at some point in the future and, this being the future, I’ve done it! Coincidentally, aside from my own original desire, I was required to write one as part of an assignment for the Engage: Youth Ministry course I was studying last academic year. Below are the main points of a shortened version of that document…
My Aim is to Glorify God.  I plan to achieve this aim by loving God, loving people & sharing God’s love with those people. I plan to love and respect myself; to serve God and people; to work hard and do my best.

I value faith, community, passion, discipline, hospitality, justice, education, encouragement/positivity, clarity, hope, rest, productivity, music, literature & the arts; creativity, animals & beauty (real beauty).  I value ‘Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control’ (Galatians 5 verses 22 + 23) & “...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable…” (Philippians 4 verses 8 + 9).