Sunday, 20 January 2013

Looking Back on 2012

As I’ve said elsewhere on this blog, I started 2012 being challenged about standing firm in my faith and, again, I’ve admitted elsewhere that I went on to stuff up quite spectacularly.
When I failed to stand firm I assumed that God’s efforts to teach me about being resolute had gone to waste but I really should have known better.
I don’t know how many times I’ve heard about God’s ability to teach us more through weakness than strength, or about the joy He has in taking bad situations and bringing good from them, and yet I forgot about all this at the time, because I was so caught up in focusing on my mistakes that I lost sight of who God is, how He works, and how He loves. I am very thankful - so so so so thankful – that God has given me a second chance to refocus my [spiritual] eyes on these things.
It’s only recently that He has shown me that I did indeed learn a lot about standing firm last year, despite my sin, because God didn’t give up on teaching me.
His word says he teaches and corrects the ones he loves, and to that, all I can say is: Hallelujah.

God has not left me, and I continue to pray that I’ll never be so stupid as to leave Him again.